CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Crunchiness, Mike, and a few little things off topic

This week so far has turned out pretty awesome. I know I say that alot but I have great days when there is no school. Anyway, i went to Circus Circus (The dirtiest place on earth besides Michele's closet before she cleaned it) the other day and won 6 count 'em 6 stuffed animals! I know I'm good. Please hold the applause. And I could have won more but since I'm such a nice "sister" I gave 107 tickets (which could have been 4 stuffed Ice cream cones) to my sister. Ya I know! Plus, today March 18th is my brother Michael's 18th birthday. He's moving out soon (thank god!) but I will miss him. I know that doesn't make any sense but sometimes you hate 'em sometimes you love 'em.
Also, I kinda want to tell you about how "crunchy" I am. In other words a tree hugger or environment lover. Along with my buds Liz, Michele and Pancakemama I have given up shopping for un-needed things. So far it has not changed me much but I know that it can make a difference. See if People buy used things there is no need for companies to make more of whats already out there. Most people just throw away their clothes when they are done with them but at stores like Play It Again, The Salvation Army, Savers and all different ones there are things that have been used but they aren't worn-out or not worth using. And this may not be the purpose of the "nothing New" strike but when companies make things they use electricity, gas, and pollute the air. With the "Nothing New" program nothing is wasted. For example, my friend Liz bought the cutest pair of over-alls for her daughter. They are in perfect shape and look cute. Although this reason may also benefit this strikes purpose, the main reason is to not be wasteful. If someone doesn't want or need another thing, then they can give it to another person instead of putting out of use. The process is helpful but may be hard at times. Not buying new things is hard to do sometimes so ya you can get a little something every once in a long while but only if you are going to die without it. You know. It's good not feeling the urge to splurge. That is why I'm in this with my buds.
I don't know if you would call this "crunchy" but the family and I have gone on an all organic milk diet. She actually drinks soy but that counts right? Anyway, my dad whines about not having his regular fatty milk everyday like a 5-year-old but organic or soy is much better for him.
Moving on, Micheal is finally 18. We are having a party for him tonight and I got him 40 bucks and an awesome card. It's not much but I figure at his age he won't care. My "sis" wants to get him a grill but I highly doubt she will find one. Micheal is moving out soon and I know I will miss him. He is a total slob but he's fun too have around. Like when I'm bored he always has something that we can do. And when I need help and my dad is too busy watching dumb history channels learning and Michele is taking care of Austin he comes and helps me. I love that. I just hate it sometimes when he is being a jerk and yells at me but that is what brothers' do. What ever I don't want to get to babyish.
I'm sorry that this entry has kind of turned into a a novel but for those of you who did finish it, thanks. (I got that sentence from Liz's blog!)

P.S. My arm is in an immobilizer
and is fractured but it doesn't
hurt. If any1 cares.

1 fools read this:

Bri said...

Ya right Siannablossom you are NOT a treehugger......Just becauseyou don't buy "unneeded thins" which actually could be needed eventually!!!!!

♥Briana